1. Dorky is enthusiastic. Enthusiasm is contagious. I’m especially excited in the photo above, and I’m not afraid to show it. And, I’m guessing that you’re wondering what it is that’s got me so excited. That’s another benefit to enthusiasm—it piques people’s interest! Let your enthusiasm for your niche flow freely and you’ll attract enthusiasm for your program, product, or services in return.
2. Dorky is the opposite of boring. Text books are called “required reading” for a reason. If people loved reading them, they wouldn’t have to require it. Content that is as dry as a text book is not going to win the hearts and minds of your ideal clients, so insert your writing with a dash of dork to keep it interesting!
3. Dorky is authentic. When you share this side of yourself, you begin to develop an intimacy with your audience that helps form the foundation of a relationship. By keeping yourself too guarded they don’t get to know the real you, which may prevent them from wanting to work with you.
4. Dorky is brave. It takes guts to show this very real side of yourself to your audience. Why not share a particularly embarassing story with your audience? Do this once, and I promise it will inspire you to be gutsy in other areas of your business.
5. Dorky is not intimidating! The cool kids aren’t often the most welcoming bunch. By showing that you care about what you do, and care about it deeply enough to share the ups, downs, and messy parts, you show your audience that you are human. Just like them.